Jennifer graduated from Acadia University in 1999 with a BSc. in Nutrition with honours. While completing her thesis on the role of garlic in treating high cholesterol she stumbled upon Naturopathic Medicine. She went on to complete a dietetic internship at the QEII Health Sciences Centre in Halifax, NS before moving to Toronto to attend the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine where she graduated in 2004.
In addition to being a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, Jennifer is also a Registered Dietitian and therefore has a strong focus on the role of food and nutrition in health and wellness. Her practice is family focused, treating patients of all ages. She has a special interest in fertility and pregnancy care, and enjoys working with women of all ages. She, along with Dr. Verdun ND are happy to provide fertility and acupuncture support to patients undergoing ART (assisted reproductive therapies), and those seeking alternative or complementary fertility care. Please see the services section of our website for a detailed description of services and packages.
She is a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), the Nova Scotia Association of Naturopathic Doctors (NSAND) and the Nova Scotia Dietetic Association (NSDA). Additionally, she is a member of the Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors (APND) and Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Doctors (pedANP). Dr. Jenn was also the 2012 recipient of the Verna Hunt award, presented to her by the CAND in recognition of her work on its Board of Directors. She also enjoys being a member of 100 Women Who Care Halifax, which she co-founded in 2012.
She proudly lives in Dartmouth with her husband Brent, children Maeve, Maren and Beckett and cats Lighty and Sammy.
- Building a Healthy Microbiome!
- Baby Led Weaning Workshops – Winter/Spring 2017
- Mindful Eating – 5 Easy Ways to Get Started with Mindful Eating.
- 12 days of Mindful and Joyful Holiday Eating
- Join us for #GiveBackFriday!
- Protein pancakes (kid-approved!)
- Baby Led Weaning Does Not Increase the Risk of Choking
- Baby Led Weaning – Fall Workshops in Halifax & Dartmouth
- How to Choose the Best Probiotic for your Child
- Basal Body Temperature Charting – is your chart a crystal ball?