We’re in the middle of sticky, hot heat wave in Nova Scotia and this salad is just perfect. Serve on its own, or alongside your favourite BBQ main dish! We really love it with salmon!
- 1 cup of rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup of chopped dill
- 1/3 cup of diced chives
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds (optional)
- Bring both to a boil and add quinoa. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes or so, until quinoa is soft and fluffy. Cool for 30 mins.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix cooked quinoa, cucumber, dill, chives and dressing together in a large bowl.
- Add sliced almonds or any nut/seed you’d like!
Chill to serve later, or enjoy it now!