We’re about a week into 2011, and some people may be struggling to keep up with their resolutions. Keep this in mind when setting goals:
1. Be Specific. If your goal is to be healthier in 2011, be sure to define healthy. What does it mean to you?
2. Make it measurable. Want to eat healthier meals? Why not try adding green leafy vegetables to your meals 3x/week.
3. Is it achievable? Trying to make time for exercise? Don’t promise to hit the gym 5 morning a week right away – build slowly.
4. Is it realistic? Hoping to lose a bit of weight in 2011? Remember that slow and easy wins the race – aim for 1-1.5 lbs/week.
5. Set a time frame. Set a goal date – birthday, 3 months, next summer. It’ll help keep you on track.